Monday, February 18, 2008

Race Day

You're thinking the Daytona 500 right? Unfortunately I couldn't watch it since I had lab time at work. Which bummed me out since I wanted to see how Junior would do on Gordon's team. I arrived to work to find the usual parking lot I park in blocked off and full of cones. WTF there's friggen race track set up and screaming rice burners hitting the track. How safe is that I wondered. These cars are racing 10-15 feet from light pulls. Then I thought about asking if I could take my rental out on the track. But I'm probably one of the worst drivers ever so I decided against it. Most of the cars were 90's looking, the Fast and the Furious wannabes, but there was a newer looking Corvette, Mazda RX8, and I think a Lotus. I was late for my lab time so I couldn't watch that long but it was cool from what I saw. It looked like each car got two laps and they they had to get back in line. They had a dude taking times and all.

So does your employer let you turn their parking lot into a race track on Sundays?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was probably an SCCA race. There are various levels of comeptition and "cones in the parking lot" is one of the easier forms to get into. Anybody can join with any car. You're put into competition with other cars in your class. Basically the only requirements are a number on the side of your car and a helmet. I was really tempted to do that back when I had the Mustang. More info is at: http://www.scca.org

Anonymous said...

hey little bro you drive on my boss race track everyday, and it can't get any wrost then that. Now add a little snow and ice. Oh by the way its going to be -20 degree's tonight with 30 mph winds! Go thing you took that exsention to stay there till May