Wednesday, July 02, 2008

The Car Seat Dilema

A couple weeks ago we drove home from Little Falls and the Twins fell asleep in their car seat. We brought them in the house and just let them sleep instead of trying to move them into their crib. They woke up about 8 hours later. Whenever we put them in the crib both twins generally wake up once a night or about every 4 hours. Two nights ago they both got up twice and woke up super early. So being super sleep deprived we decided to try letting them sleep in their car seats last night. Braxtyn fell asleep at 9 and Elliot at 9:30. It's 6:30am now and both of them are still sleeping.

When they slept for 8+ hours last time in there car seat I mentioned it at work. I thought maybe we should use their car seats all the time. A girl overheard me and stopped by my cube to tell me that her doctor said that it causes the back of their heads to become flat. I wonder if there is a way to prevent the flat head thing in a car seat. In the crib we use a blanket to prop them up on one side or the other but that's difficult to do in a car seat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Anna would only sleep in her bouncer or when someone held her, for the first 4 months (until she was able to roll onto her stomach - she's a tummy sleeper). Our pediatrition said it was ok to do for awhile (I think she told us 2 months??) but I know parents who have let their babies sleep even longer in a car seat or bouncer...