Sunday, July 24, 2005

Last 10 day recap

I've been on travel for the last 10 days or so. Jen and I flew into Minnesota 2 Thursdays ago. Jen went to visit her family and I spent the next couple of days in Alexandria for guys weekend. As usual it was a blast. Lot's of drinking and holdem. The temp was hot for MN so hitting the water was great (Although the heat was nothing like FL). Golf was not so great since I didn't bring my clubs, I ended up renting clubs. I can honestly say that good clubs will make a difference in one's golf game. Sleeping was rough, Josh is the loudest snorer I've ever heard and I don't think I slept an hour the first night. I ended up sleeping on the kitchen floor to avoid the noise. Scott brought some of the best tasting steaks I've had in a long time.


The great cigar at guys weekend

After guys weekend Jen and I went to a wedding dance and surprised everyone. Nobody expected us there. It was pretty cool to see the work gang again. I'm getting anxious to get back to MN again to hang out.

Last week I spent in Keystone Colorado for a work conference. The longest time I've spent in the Mountains before then was driving through Montana on my way to Seattle. Keystone is 12,500 Ft above sea level. I was winded after climbing a flight of stairs from the lack of oxygen. The first two days I had a constant headache but I fought it and eventually I felt fine on Wednesday. After eating dinner on Wednesday Josh bet me $100 that I couldn't climb a ski hill in under 45 minutes. There was a DJ setting up and he went in on the bet too and he chipped in $60. I'm not sure how high it was but I've never been so winded in my life climbing the hill. I made it in 17 minutes. I had a large group from the conference cheering me on and a couple guys marched up the hill with me in case I had a heart attack. Although they said they wouldn't give me CPR so I would've been screwed either way. They were breaking record high temps in CO during the week which I found interesting considering it was barely 50 degrees in the morning. In FL it barely gets into the 70's at night. Living in the mountains would be so awesome. It's one of the last places in the country that hasn't been over run by people.


Half way up the ski hill


Partying after the climb

Thursday was my first experience in white water rafting. Although I thought it would be a lot rougher than it was, it ended up being a great time. I was talking smack to the guide that I'd throw her in when she got sick of it and pushed me in. The water was a super cold 50 degrees but it felt good. When we were close to the end I jumped in the water and pulled the guide in with me. Revenge was sweet.

Friday was awesome touring the facilities where Lockheed assembles the Atlas V rockets. I wish I could've brought a camera in there. The facilities are as clean as a hospital in some areas. And it was cool to see the Russian rocket engines that are used to power the rockets.

We eventually got to the airport around 1:30. My flight wasn't until 6:30pm. That's a long time to wait for a plane and it didn't help when I finally got on the plane I had to sit by a guy that had major BO. But I made it home alright and now it's back to the grind tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sound's like a sweet trip. I agree, it's really nice to be in a place that 'hasn't been over run by people'. That's exactly why I moved to Jersey.