Thursday, September 08, 2005

First week with Hayley

Everyone has been telling me to get ready cuz life is going to get crazy. Here's a quote from Nolan upon hearing the news:

Congratulations man! Where are you living these days? You know those bumper stickers that say "Sit down, shut up, and hang on"? Yeah, tape one of those bad boys to your head. It is now your new motto. Earplugs, Dramamine, caffeine, peace and quiet, sedatives, and a heavy dosage of "yes dear" have all become "must haves".

Well, so far this first week has gone great. I've been working about 4-5 hour days and finishing my work at home. Working instead of vacation saves my vacation for when I get back to MN so I can clean the house and get the baby room ready.

My lack of sleep has increased my jibberish, which I spoke pretty good before anyway. Now I have an excuse. Hayley seems to sleep better when she's sleeping in our bed, rather than in the bassinet next to our bed. She loves to be held which bolds good for Jen and I. We are already arguing (the fun kind of arguing that is) over whose turn it is to hold her. Hayley's a talkative baby already. I love listening to her when she's hungry. She rarly cries which is a bonus. I wonder if she's so healthy because Jen took great care of herself during the pregnancy. Who knows.

I've been taking on the major load of chores around the house so Jen can sleep and take care of Hayley. Other than that there's not much else going on.

Oh, I forgot to mention that we let our cat, Tigger, go to Jen's parents farm. The thought of all that cat hair around made me break down and let her go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Kyle & Jen! Can't wait to see your little girl. :)