Thursday, November 10, 2005

Waiting for a new car

Although I'm not in the market for a new car I do check out cars that would make sense for me. I need a compact vehicle to drive to work and back. The gas mileage on the Explorer is terrible. I'm not sold on Hybrids because you have to replace the battery every 3-5 years or so. No cost savings there. I've also contemplated a VW Jetta TDI diesel that gets 50mph, but with the price of diesel that would probably be a bad idea. Reading Popular Science online I saw this Europe-only Golf GT that gets 30mph city and 50mph Highway by using both a super charger and a turbo charger. One top of the great gas mileage the performance is good too. The only problem is they're not selling it in the US. Why? I have no clue. I think this car would sell like crazy. So I'm saving my pennies in case they decide to sell it here.

No comments: