Tuesday, December 19, 2006

mp3 players


I keep thinking of what kind of mp3 player I want. I keep going back and forth between the Zune and the Video iPod. Although the Zune has more of the features I like, it doesn't quite cover everything. I'm thinking I'd really like something that I can just download stuff to the device bypassing the computer. It would be nice if I could just download the latest PodCasts when they become available. I'm missing the daily morning shows in MN. I wonder if the "rumored" iPhone from Apple with have some kind of feature built into download podcasts. Hopefully it will be released soon. I may have something waiting for me under the tree. Maybe I could exchange it.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok so I have to do my Microsoft duty and respond to this...

Yeah it will be nice if (when) the device can pull off the web directly. I guarantee you they are working on it. The guys over there want the cool stuff as much as you do.

I listen to a ton of podcasts (both audio and video.) I have Deomcracy set up to download my video podcasts and iTunes running to download my audio podcasts. There are plenty of other clients I could have used but those work fine for me. I leave those running and the Zune software is set to watch those download folders. When I come home, I plug my Zune in and walk away. After a few minutes, the new podcasts are synchronized to the device and I'm ready to go. It's pretty simple once you get it set up. I might even argue that it's easier than manually managing the files on my device.