Monday, July 16, 2007

Lost - Season 2 Wrapped Up (DRM sucks)

Jen and I wrapped up season 2 of Lost last night. I'd call it a cliff hanger of an ending but we watched about 3 episodes of season 3 last year so we know what happens. I looked into getting season 3 but that doesn't start shipping until fall and then who knows when I'd get it from blockbuster. I started thinking about downloading it from iTunes and paying $34 for it but I'd have no way of getting to my TV because of the stupid DRM. So chalk it up as a no sale because of DRM. It sure would be nice to download it and move it to my xBox (I'm not paying $300 for an Apple TV either). I'd like to know the number of potential customers that won't buy movies/shows online because of DRM. Maybe it's just the geek community that doesn't like it.

Now I'm wondering if I should try out the video feature of my video iPod and get AV cables for it to output it to the TV. What's another $50 for the iPod, in the long run it'd probably be worth it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*cough* www.thepiratebay.org *cough*