Friday, August 31, 2007

Final out ... cough cough CHOKE!!!

Last night I played softball for the first time in year. We were beating the other team by 3 runs when two of our players had to leave. So we played with 9 guys from then on. By the bottom of the 7th we were down by 2. We managed to get the first two runners on 1st and 2nd. A sac fly later and the runners are on 2nd and 3rd. The next guy flew out and advanced the runners. So we're down 1 with a guy on 3rd, two down and I'm up. I let a perfect pitch go by for a strike so I had to swing at anything close. The next pitch was high but I didn't want to chance striking out so I hit it and skied it to short. Kind of a bummer to make the final out with the tying run on 3rd. Although, I have an excuse... It's tough to hit with two hands around your throat.

No comments: