Monday, June 27, 2005

Random Power Outage Thought

We just suffered a power outage here at work. Although the outage was only for a few seconds everyone in the building was unable to work because their computer was powered off. I was not so unfortunate or fortunate depending on how you view it, I own a laptop so the battery saved me from the outage. But it got me thinking, how much does it cost when the power goes out. For every engineer in this building to have to reboot their machine and get back to the spot where they were it probably takes a good 2-5 minutes. Not to mention the loss of work. So crunching the numbers I'm guessing the loss of work cost the company a good chunk of change. (I'm way to lazy to crunch numbers) I just thought I'd throw a random thought your way.

No comments: