Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Fantasy Football

I play in a fantasy football keeper league in which we keep two players a from last years roster. Since Daunte Culpepper started for the Vikings way back in 2000, I've kept Daunte and Randy Moss. For the first few years I ranked close to the top in my league but generally fizzled at the end of the year along with the Vikes. Last year I had the #1 draft pick and I drafted as though I was rebuilding, so I drafted Reggie Bush and Joseph Addia. Both these guys split the carries last year with veterans so they didn't score that much. I ended up keeping them anyway hoping they'd carry the load this year. So far it looks to be paying off, especially now that Duece is hurt for New Orleans. I knew it was going to be tough to let Moss go now that he was with the Pats but for the most part running backs score more then receivers. So far so good as I've been in the top 2 or 3 in scoring each week with the help of Steve Smith who basically replaced Moss on my roster. Fantasy Football makes football interesting when my home team sucks as bad as the Vikes do.

No comments: