Monday, February 19, 2007

Recoverying again

Before last year I couldn't remember the last time I had a non self induced stomach flu. After last week I've caught the stomach flu three times in a year. I think Hayley is a walking incubator. I'm not quite sure where she caught it, but she's been ill for about a week. I got it on Thursday. I felt it come on in the morning but I tried to tough it out and make it into work to no avail. Being sick is brutal for me cuz I have major caffeine addiction and not being able to keep anything down brings on the biggest headache ever. So I spent the entire day with a huge headache on top of the hourly ritual of praying to the porcelain god.

Friday I toughed it out and went to work with what felt like a brutal hangover. My head was spinning all day but a big dose if Advil and soda kept the headache away. My stomach was kept under control with a tablet or two of Rolaids.

But my misery can't top Hayley's. I feel so bad for her. She just can't kick these things. Hopefully it's just a childhood thing and she's able to fend it off better when she's older. So far she's inherited my immune system cuz Jen never gets these stupid flu's, colds, and any other virus Hayley brings home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its just god way of punshing you for getting us sick at X-mas little man!lol

You need to start taking a mult vit when you start to feel sick to help your body battle the bug. It work for me till x-mas. Remember your getting older now and the body needs a little help. Although I've been able to keep 16 pounds off since x-mas so maybe being sick wasn't all bad.
Just think 4 days till Florida:)