Monday, April 09, 2007

Weekend Recap - Stinson Beach & Easter Sunday Church

I think my head is still spinning from driving about 20 miles worth of twisting turning rising and falling hills. We went to Stinson beach on Saturday, which started out as a terrible day. In Sunnyvale it was 65 and sunny, as we got closer to Stinson beach it got super foggy and cold. Driving on mountain sides with the fog was pretty slow. I was wondering if we'd ever get there. When we got there it was so bad that we decided to eat lunch and figure out what to do. Thank God the fog cleared and it warmed a bit. The view there is absolutely gorgeous with cliffs along the coast. I'm not sure how high it was but when we were leaving we could see ships way out in the ocean. It was pretty awesome. Definitely on the list of "Must Sees" if you visit Cali. The scenery is awesome.

Sunday we got talked into going to church with Janel and Jon. Jen babysits their son, Mason. We got to church at 9 and found out the service was changed to 10 for Easter Sunday. Thankfully they had a playground for the kids. The service ended up being 1.5 hours long. Hayley was getting major antsy towards the end. I think church should have a rule, all services have to be under an hour. But it was a Lutheran church and after attending it there's no way I'd switch to Catholic. I'm rooted in the Lutheran faith I guess. When I get back to Minny maybe I'll think about getting confirmed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey those words are the most awesome I have heard. I have been praying for a long time.