Monday, June 04, 2007

Weekend Recap - A's vs Twins

Watching the game in Oakland was great. I worked until about noon and then we hit Wal Mart for a portable grill and food. After the fiasco in Milwaukee last year we put the grill together right away instead of waiting until we got to the ball park. Every piece was put on and taken off two or three times because of crappy directions.

The tickets for the game were only $12 which I was pretty happy about. I figured the gang I was with would want better seats but right field was fine with them. After sitting out there for a few innings we started freezing our butts off. I thought I had learned my lesson from the San Fran Zoo but I guess not. Next time I do anything outdoors in Oakland or San Fran I'm wearing my frigeen winter coat. Spring atire doesn't cut it. We eventually moved along the first base line about 30 rows up. We were out of the wind so the game was a little more enjoyable. The game went into extra innings and all I was hoping was to get the thing over with soon. I didn't want to sit there for 14-15 innings. After the Twins scored 2 in the top of the 10th Joe Nathen made it a nail bitter by letting in a run and leaving two on before finally ending the game on a strike out.

The game was fun but I decided I had enough of Oakland so I didn't go to the game on Sunday. The stadium is worse then the dome as far as seating goes, but it's outdoors and they have plenty of room to tailgate. Throwing the football around and grilling is just about as fun as the game itself. I'm still bummed about the new Twins stadium not having a tail gating parking lot.

No comments: