Sunday, May 18, 2008

Weekend Recap - Harley, Toys R Us, and Ikea

This is our last weekend in CA and it pretty much went out with a thud.. but what do you expect with new born twins. The weekend was one of the best weekends we've had this year weather wise. It was close to 100 Wednesday and Thursday so the 80's we got on Friday - Sunday felt pretty good. (Actually the 100 degree days weren't bad since there is zero humidity here) Friday after getting the twins feed and what not Hayley and I hit the pool. She spent close to two hours there. It was pretty fun as she's gotten really good with her arm floater's.

Saturday we took Hayley to her favorite park where they have a water fountain. I was kind of nervous since they are so water conscious when the weather is hot. I figured they'd have it turned off. But they didn't which was great for Hayley. After spending a couple hours at the park we went to Harley to pick up some Harley shirts with some local logos for Mike. It was pretty comical cuz as we were leaving Harley Hayley said "Toy's R Us". I didn't see a sign for it but I new it was around there somewhere. (I miss the GPS already) So I drove around a six block radius and it was right across from Harley. I swear I looked all over for the sign when Hayley said it but I figured she just new it was around there or something since we mentioned it earlier. Toys R Us is a great store for Hayley to run around in. It keeps her occupied for hours. One interesting toy we saw there was a back yard water slide. This thing looked awesome.

After Toy's R Us we went to Ikea to get Sven and Sandra a gift card for watching Hayley so much. While we were they we ate some Swedish meatballs and potatoes. I've never really thought about Ikea as a restaurant but after eating there we're going back there more often. The food there was good and cheap and the portions were huge.

We wrapped up the weekend taking Hayley swimming again and hanging out with Sven, Sandra, their daughter and their twins. Moving back home is going to be a bummer cuz we won't be able to hang out with them. Hayley and their daughter Simera get along really well. They've given us plenty of advice as well since they have twins and a daughter Hayley's age. I get a kick out of their stories, but then it's not so funny cuz now we're living it.

Anyway, it's 4 days and we're back in MN.

No comments: