Wednesday, May 14, 2008

What Works

Lately we've been trying everything to get the twins to sleep. A while back Jen said that they stopped crying when she vacuumed. So I download an mp3 of Ocean waves and burned it to a CD. The CD sat on the desk ever since then. I kind of thought it wouldn't work so I never bothered with it. Well last night we couldn't get them to stop crying for anything. I put Braxtyn in the playpen to see if he'd cry it out for a few minutes, it wasn't working. Finally I grabbed the CD and put the player in their play pen and cranked up the sounds of the ocean and it took no more then 5 seconds and he stopped crying and went to sleep. Jen at the time was holding Elliott, trying to get him calmed down. She saw this work for Braxtyn so she put Elliot in the play pen and they both were soundly sleeping for about a half hour. They woke up because it was feeding time but after we fed them they went back in the playpen and slept. They woke up once during the night which was great. Last night was also the first night the twins didn't need their car seats to sleep. We're pretty excited about this, hopefully it continues to work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know this can work because when Preston was crying a lot they used to turn the water on and he would settle down. I do know people that have the sounds going all night. Gin