Sunday, January 28, 2007

On Demand



According to Bill Gates life as we know it is going to change drastically. Well at least the way we view TV is going to change. Although I don't generally put a lot of weight on the words of Bill Gates, in this case I'm on the bandwagon. I'm certainly not claiming to be on the cusp of cutting edge technology but since I bought my iPod the way I view TV is totally different.

Actually, maybe it wasn't my iPod that did it but rather my wanting to listen to the KQ92 and 93x morning shows. Although I'm listening to them a day late I can pause, rewind, fast forward anytime I'd like. Listening to these Poscasts has me somewhat addicted to Podcasts now. I've tried to fill my iPod with enough Podcasts to get me through the work day. More and more video podcasts are being released and some of these video Podcasts are TV shows like "The Family Guy". Apple has it setup perfect for podcasts to charge money. I'd be more then happy to cancel cable if I can just subscribe to my favorite shows and I'd be more then willing to buy the AppleTV box to view these shows as well. I guess I'd be missing out on sports in real time but the Internet is going to take care of that sooner then we think.

I'd list my Podcasts that I currently listen to but it's been an experiment and after I have the list somewhat settled I'll post them. For the time beings check out the Podcasts the Ben listens too. I have subscribed to most of them to see what they're about.

No comments: