Friday, May 13, 2005

Sixty-Nine

Probably not what you're thinking. It's my golf score for nine holes yesterday. By far my worst league night ever. Although it was my first time playing on this course and my first league night in FL. Every course in FL has twice the water as any course in MN. Not good if you can't hit the ball straight. Next time I think I'll pass on the golf lesson the day before. One should give themselves plenty of time to work out their changes from the lesson before playing in a league or tourney. Either that or risk losing all clubs due to a rage induced impulse to see if you can throw the club farther then you hit the ball. Although on this day I was able to hold out and not throw any clubs. After exercising the restraint I did yesterday, my game suffered even more. From here on out I'm going to learn from this experience. It's better to throw a club or two and release the tension then it is to try and hold it in and not look so silly throwing a club. In my estimation shooting a 69 is way worse for the reputation then throwing a club. In fact the first thing said to me by my opponents today was "You didn't kill yourself?" Yep, definitely throwing my clubs next time.

*** Later Addition ***
If you've read the comments on this post then I need to inform you that my wife has yet to realize that many of my posts here involve the use sarcasm.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Throwing your clubs DOESN'T solve anything. That's all you are doing is risking HURTING others who are with you. Or loosing your clubs in the trees maybe or even in the water. I can't see how that's so worth it. There are many other ways to vent frustrations that would be a LOT LESS dangerous. Better luck next game.

Anonymous said...

Kyle,
I am sorry you had a bad game yesterday : ( Hopefully it will go smoother next time, but I just hope and pray that by the time your little girl is born you will find a better way to vent your frustration than throwing your club. You and I both know 1st hand how dangerous and costly throwing your clubs can be. I don't want her thinking that's ok because it's not. It's too dangerous.