Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Burnout 3 - The latest X-Box addiction

Generally when I play the X-Box I'll pick one game and stick to it for a while. The crew back in Eagan seems to get bored pretty easy and they'll play many games over a span of a week or so. In fact I can't even keep up with all the games they play, they're constantly talking about a different games.

Recently the game I've got addicted to is Burnout 3. Basically the objective of the game is to crash your opponents or drive crazy to gain boost. Without boost you're opponents will get so far ahead of you that you'll never win. And in this game no lead is safe. You're opponents will always catch you so you better be good at crashing them before they get to big of a lead while at the same time avoiding the traffic. The game has a series of modes other then racing so the game mixes things up as you're going through the series of events.

I think this game ranks up there with Project Gothem 2 (PG2). PG2 is by far a more realistic game play and I love the car selection but it can get boring and you have to be good at racing because the game isn't that forgiving when you make mistakes behind the wheel. Burnout 3 is simpler to play so it fits me better. I don't have a lot of patients to brake around turns, I like to just hit the gas and go so PG2 is tough. So if you're ever bored and you own a PlayStation 2 or X-Box try Burnout 3.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I picked up a used copy of Burnout3 a few weeks ago. I'm more of the geeky car simulation type so I was completely impressed with it. It's a very well done game though so I can see why it gets such good reviews. The car crash matches where you try to cause the most damage are a blast.

I can't wait for Forza Motorsport to arrive. It's been delayed twice already but I think the current date is the beginning of April. You won't hear much from me for a few weeks when that game comes out.