Wednesday, February 16, 2005

The Element of Surprise

After receiving a few emails about my blog entry on Valentines Day I thought I'd clear the air about what I meant. When I buy gifts I want to get something unique and something my wife would never expect. Valentines Day is just another day when you're supposed to buy flowers of some kind, maybe a teddy bear and if you really want to go all out you buy expensive jewelry. I'm also the type of person who doesn't like to buy gifts when they're expected. After dating and being married for as long as I have you tend to run out of ideas. So my point was, if I don't buy a gift for a couple of years at any occasion, she'll be surprised when I spring one on her. Thus the element of surprise is back, I'll save a ton of money over the couple of years, and she'd be happy to get anything, even if it were a pet rock.

This is just an attempt to explain my laziness and inability to think of something to get her that is not boring.

No comments: