Wednesday, March 02, 2005

After Friends

TV after Friends just isn't the same. Kicking back, ordering pizza and watching the Thursday night lineup was the best night of the week for TV. I never really watched anything else. I remember watching the first episode, I got off from work after a 14 hour day and I had close to 50 hours in for the week at Jennie-O. Friends ushered in a new era in my life, no more High School, no more free food, no more cruising First Street for girls, and no more hanging out with the old high school buddies. Nothing was routine from then on except for Friends. I never would've guessed that after Friends was done I would've worked my knees into the ground at Jennie-O, I'd finished college, I'd be married, and worst of all I'd be a 100lbs heavier then when I graduated from high school. With Friends over another era in my life is over and now with kids just around the corner life is going to get really crazy. It's time to sit back and smell the roses and stop time from flying by.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should watch Scrubs. Definitely my favorite sitcom on TV right now.

Ryle said...

Actually I've started watching that. It was part of the Thursday night lineup with Friends at one time.

Anonymous said...

Scrubs is great, but Monday nights...American Chopper...only when they have a new episode though...that's about as close to a routine as it gets for me.