Wednesday, March 23, 2005

User Interfaces

I need to step back and take a breath. I'm currently using a tool we use to write build processes. It has one of the worst user interfaces ever! Being a programmer myself I know it can be a pain in the arse to develop an easy to use interface, especially when you don't have direct contact with your end user. But there are some basic rules to follow and this software doesn't even come close. I had a one line email ready to send to the company's support department that read "Worst User Interface Ever" but I chickened out at the last minute. I figured they'd have my email and I didn't want them responding to my boss or something. So to all the developers of Solumina you should really read this book! Developing User Interfaces for Microsoft Windows.

No comments: