Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Happy B-Day Mom

Today would've been my moms 70th B-Day. I have many memories of my mom and I thought I'd share one that is kind of funny. She was a huge cheerleader at any event us kids played at, even if it was rec softball she'd be out whistling her trademark whistle that was so loud it would probably pop an ear-drum if you sat to close to her. Anyway, way back when I used to wrestle she went to one of my events. (She didn’t miss many events) Well if you were on my team she was going to root for you. So when I was waiting for my match another teammate was wrestling. My mom took interest and got right up to the mat and started screaming and whistling. It was a close match but our guy, Matt, was taken down. While he was struggling to get up he said he heard the yelling and looked over to see what it was and before he new it the ref slapped his hand on the mat and Matt was pinned. Afterward he told me the story and I really don't think he was making excuses, I think he was shocked at my mom cheering for him. I got the biggest laugh out of it.

So I just like to say, thanks for cheering for us all these years mom. Even if I was embarrassed sometimes I appreciated it. And I'd just like to say all us kids miss you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well put little bro! Mom's whisle will never be forgotten.