Thursday, April 07, 2005

The End Is Near

With the Pope gone and all it's got to be close to the end of something. I've been frantically wondering what it could be. What message is God trying to send us? Today I found out what it is - my Net Send Communicator tool. Since I started working here there has not been a chat program available for us to collaborate with. So I developed a tool that used windows built in net send functionality. This tool gain a lot of popularity throughout the work place even reaching places such as New Jersey, Texas and many others. By far my most popular application I've ever written. Well, I recently found out that MSN Messenger is now an accepted tool. Now I fear it's only a matter of time before my Net Send Communicator tool is replaced on the desktop with a Commercial Off the Shelf tool. I guess it had to happen at some point. Maybe my tool can co-exist with MSN Messenger, maybe there's a nitch market for it with in the work place. Who knows, but it's a sad sad day.

No comments: