Monday, April 25, 2005

Relay For Life

This past weekend Jen and I participated on our companies Relay For Life team. It's a cancer fund raiser. We started setting up at 6:00pm on Friday. We had a couple tents set up and lots of food and coffee to sell. Each team is required to have someone walking around a track the entire night, until 9:00am the next day. We also built a limo out of cardboard and one of our team members participated in a Miss Relay contest. That was hilarious because each team had to have a guy dress as a girl and they had to walk the cat walk and then give a speech, just like a Miss America pageant. At the end of the event three team members had to race the limo around the track. I ended up being one of the racers. I got a serious wakeup call letting me know that I was out of shape. I made it about 1/4 of the way around the track and I felt like I was going to collapse. I let me team down big time. But in my defense we lost to a bunch of high school track stars.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've heard those are a ton of fun, nice work...good cause.